Evaluation and Characterisation Engineer
We are pureLiFi
pureLiFi is the world leader in Light Fidelity (LiFi) innovation and Visual Light Communication (VLC) systems. Our products provide pervasive high-speed wireless access that delivers significantly greater security, safety and data densities than Wi-Fi. Those joining this pioneering team at pureLiFi will be part of creating our wireless future. LiFi will be the solution that delivers us unlimited bandwidth and unlimited data, powering our connectivity demands of the future.
We are growing our team and looking for an Evaluation and Characterisation Engineer to join our team, reporting to the GM of our Consumer Group. We want to hear from engineers with strong evaluation and characterisation experience to help us bring our exciting new products to market.
This role will allow the right candidate to grow and develop their skills in a supportive environment.
You will make an impact by:
Helping us to define and drive the component and system level evaluation and characterisation activities. As a validation champion, you will be responsible for the measurement of the performance of our products, generating the data required to complete our data sheets and working with the design team to understand the behaviour of the product. This role is ideal for someone looking to advance or kick start their career rapidly by taking direct ownership of product solutions, working within multi-disciplinary team and solving challenging technical problems.
You will thrive if you have:
- Degree in Electronic Engineering or Physics with significant experience of working in the electronic or optoelectronic domains
- Able to define and develop evaluation and characterisation methodologies
- Create validation plans and deliver thorough and accurate measurement data
- Ability to evaluate, characterise and troubleshoot designs in the lab
- Experience of writing technical reports on the performance of electronic components and systems
- Have significant experience of testing complex network/communications products including system level testing
- Have a breadth of knowledge of a wide range of technical disciplines such as Optoelectronics, Software and Firmware
- Have the ability to work within and influence multi-disciplinary technical teams
- Enjoy being part of a close-knit team and learning from those around you, but can also work independently and are hands on to solve problems as they emerge
- Have a well-developed attention to detail
- Are a natural born problem solver who enjoys finding issues, bugs and problems and take them through to resolution
- Have strong working knowledge of networking concepts and electronics test/fault finding
What do we offer?
- We are proud of our diversity and committed to ensuring our opportunities are accessible to all talented people. If additional support or flexible arrangements would enable you to participate, please tell us in your application.
- If you have any feedback on how we can improve our job advert, or any questions, please contact email@example.com
- pureLiFi does not accept unsolicited agency CVs.
Other Roles at pureLifi
pureLiFi is the global leader in LiFi technology. We are bringing to market the world’s first commercial light antennas—the optoelectronic components which make LiFi possible—for all kinds of devices, from industrial to consumer, and from smart cars to smartphones.
pureLiFi also offers LiFi systems for customers who need to augment, enhance, or transform their wireless networks with the latest in wireless communications technology.
pureLiFi was founded by the “Father of LiFi” Prof Harald Haas and Dr Mostafa Afgani in 2012. Based in Edinburgh, we have customers and partners worldwide.